As we head into summer I am anticipating a good reading season. Here are some of the books I plan to read this summer:
1. Holding Hands, Holding Hearts: A Biblical View of Christian Dating by Richard & Sharon Phillips
I have, for years, been asked about a Christian view of dating and resource on the subject and I have had nothing to contribute to the conversation. So, I decided this year that I needed to be prepared to help others think through this subject. This was a book recommended to me years ago on the subject, but I will get to it this summer. Along with several other titles.
2. The Mingling of Souls: God’s Design for Love, Marriage, Sex, and Redemption by Matt and Lauren Chandler
3. Not Yet Married: The Pursuit of Joy in Singleness and Dating by Marshall Segal
4. Letters to a Romantic: On Dating by Sean Perron
5. She’s Got the Wrong Guy: Why Smart Women Settle by Deepak Reju
6. Mental Health and the Church: A Ministry Handbook by Stephen Grcevich
A new book that is getting some attention from counselors.
7. John Wycliff and the Beginnings of English Nonconformity by K.B. McFarlane
As part of my Reformations studies this year I am going to dig into this book, which has sat on my shelf for years.
8. Martin Luther’s 95 Theses by Martin Luther
9. The Sermon on the Mount and Human Flourishing: A Theological Commentary by Jonathan Pennington
Another book that has gotten a lot of attention in recent years, this one written by my former Greek professor.
10. A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
I love Hemingway and I am looking forward to reading this memoir of his life.