1. “5 Bible Truths to Help You in Succession Planning” by Will Heath
It’s not time for me to start planning my succession, but it’s never too early to think about those things. Since this is surely a hard and complex thing to wrestle with it’s good to be thinking about it all along the way. Here’s a great piece from The Vision Room on the subject.
2. “How to Restore Your Faith in Democracy” by Joshua Rothman
A fantastic review of an exchange between Rothman and the renowned philosopher Charles Taylor on democracy and living as active participants in the political process.
3. “Why Not Say You’re Gay?” by Jonathan Berry
Berry explains why, despite having a same-sex attraction since the age of 8, he does not use the label of “gay.”
4. “What is Emotional Maturity” by Brad Hambrick
Brad explores emotional maturity as an ability to distinguish between emotions. A case study helps to unpack the idea.
5. “Surgeon General: 1 in 7 in USA will Face Substance Addiction” by Josh Hafner
This is the first time a U.S. Surgeon General has issues a formal report on substance abuse, and in that regard this is a huge deal. It’s great to see such a national call to action being issued from this office. Yet, the continued insistence that addiction is a disease disappoints me.
6. “Structural Racism” by John Piper
Piper explains what structural racism is, and more importantly why Christians shouldn’t be surprised that it exists. This is a great piece! Well worth your time in reading.